Spaces in Storm
Storm is meant for all students and staff in Malmö University. Preferably in cooperation with friends around us. The more who use Storm the merrier and if it’s utilised in a fun and innovative way, even better! Storm is located in Malmö University’s building Gäddan at Citadellsvägen 7.
Storm consists of three rooms. A big workshop-area perfect for seminars, workshops and other creative meetings, a smaller pitch arena for presentations and a third room called the Kitchen. The Kitchen is ideal for shorter meetings or to get some work done. Note that the Kitchen is only bookable together with one of the other rooms. More info on how you book Storm here.
Stora Stormen – Workshop Area
The room is equipped with everything you need to make a creative atmosphere possible. In the Big Room you can find:
- 12 tables that are easy to move and fold
- 48 chairs in four different colours
- 3 big walls with magnetic whiteboard material
- 2 projectors that can show parallel screens or double screens
- Other workshop material such as fun props
- Blackout curtains
- Sockets from the wall and a rig in the ceiling
- A movable wall-furniture with whiteboard surface, cork wall and magnetic plate
- A Smartboard on wheels perfect for shared notes or drawings
How would you like to set up?
Below are som examples on how you can furnish the Big Room to your liking. Please remember to have the time/people for setting up before and rig down after the event.
Furnish the room with six tables. Four of the tables have the same coloured chairs, the other two have mixed coloured chairs. The two tabled with mixed coloured chairs allow for active exchanges and breakdown of groups.
Movie- or circle sitting
Traditional sitting with chairs in rows or a U-shape. Why not one colour/row?
Place the chairs in a circle, a conversation where you can see everyone involved creates a sense of participation and a good conversational climate.
Do you want to discuss methods or sittings to create a creative situation? Send a question to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Lilla Stormen – Pitch Arena
The room has a built-in staircase furniture with different levels and big pillows to sit comfortably on and is shaped like an amphi-theater. It can fit a maximum of 40 people, depending on how tight you would like to sit amongst yourselves. The recommended sitting is however 15-20 people if everyone wants their own space. The stairs allows for a more relaxed and informal dynamic as opposed to the bigger room in Storm.
The room also offers:
- White board wall
- Electrical sockets in the staircase and in the panel by the window
The Kitchen (Köket)
The Kitchen has a big, movable table on wheels in the center of the room fit for 20 working spaces. Feel free to move it into the other rooms if you have booked them as well.
The Kitchen also offers:
- Cutlery, glasses, mugs, pitchers and plates for up to 20 people
- A dishwasher
- A coffe machine with over 10 different beverages
- A Microwave oven