Stormathon is unfortunately cancelled this autumn, due to the spread of the coronavirus and COVID-19.
Stormathon is an innovation day for students at Malmö University who are interested in social improvement, problem-solving and innovation. The selected students are thereafter divided into cross-functional and dynamic teams. All teams will work with the same case during the day while getting coached in problem-solving and idea development from experienced facilitators. After 12 hours of intense work, the students will pitch their idea in front of the case owner and a jury.
– What is Stormathon?
Stormathon is an innovation day which offers students at Malmö University the chance to develop their problem-solving ability – with a real case from an external client.
Stormathon offers students the opportunity to:
- Practice their innovation and problem-solving abilities
- Work with a real case
- Expand their network
- Identify and make use of their specific strengths
- Collaborate with other students outside of their field or program
- Compete against other teams for the best solution and the chance to win a prize
At their disposal they will have:
- Their own room for idea generation and all the material that they will need for a creative process.
- Access to coaching and method support
- Direct contact with representatives from their client
- Inspirational lectures
Of course, no one will have to stress about food. Lunch and dinner will be served, as well as coffee and snacks all day long.
Who can join?
Everyone who is a current student at Malmö University!
In order to create the best prerequisites for mixed and dynamic teams, the participants will be selected based on their field of education and other experience and competencies. But no experience is required – a genuine interest is the most important!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org