Problem solver. Team player. Innovator. Analyst. We know that sounds like you – but do you?
Stormathon is the opportunity to participate in an intense, one-day innovation boot camp. Together with students from other programs, you get a case: a real problem from an external organisation or company, who will be your client for the day. You will work in tailor-made teams organized to complement each other’s strengths while being coached by experienced innovators and facilitators throughout the whole day. At the end of the day, you will pitch your solution with a chance to win the final prize.
The first Stormathon ever took place in collaboration with the City of Malmö in April 2019 and you can read more about it here!
We’re currently planning the next edition for the 2019 autumn semester. Are you representing an organisation or company and want to be the next case owner? Send us an email!
– What is Stormathon?
Stormathon is an innovation day which offers students at Malmö University the chance to develop your problem-solving ability – with a real case from an external client.
Stormathon offers you the opportunity to:
- Practice your innovation and problem-solving abilities
- Work with a real case
- Expand your network
- Identify and make use of your specific strengths
- Collaborate with other students outside of your field or program
- Compete against other teams for the best solution and the chance to win a price
During 12 intense hours, you will work in a team with students from different programs and with varied competencies. You get your case in the morning and at the end of the day, you will present it in front of a jury. At your disposal are:
- Your own room for idea generation and all the material that you will need for a creative process.
- Access to coaching and method support
- Direct contact with representatives from your client
- Inspirational lectures
Of course, no need to stress about food. We will have you covered! Lunch and dinner will be served, as well as coffee and snacks all day long.
Intrigued? Email us at email@example.com and we will let you know when sign-up opens!